ManagedWay Company is a Cloud Computing, Fiber Optic Internet, and Colocation Services provider that is expanding and looking for a Director of Network Engineering.
ManagedWay is seeking a knowledgeable, talented, and industrious Director of Network Engineering who will manage the network support team to ensure maximum performance of its high-traffic network infrastructure while maintaining system integrity. The ideal candidate for the position of Director of Network Engineering will have an in-depth knowledge of networks with a focus on high-level design and planning. The ideal candidate must have experience as a network architect for an Internet service provider(s) and experience in dealing with large-scale networks.
- The Director of Network Engineering will design, develop, implement, and maintain network infrastructure
- Determine network bandwidth needs and recommend measures to meet those requirements
- Direct system installation
- The Director of Network Engineering will install appropriate data communications components configured to meet the company’s needs
- Program and configure routers, switches, and other network hardware
- Define, document, and enforce system standards
- Design, recommend and implement new solutions to improve the resilience of network operations
- The Director of Network Engineering will monitor network performance and troubleshoot problems and outages
- Monitor and maintain the network, assist with customer trouble tickets and requests, and facilitate the installation of new client services, among other duties.
- The Director of Network Engineering will schedule updates and upgrades (planned and emergency maintenance)
- Collaborate with network architects to optimize system performance
- Engage in network fault investigations
- The Director of Network Engineering will secure network systems with policies that define and monitor access
- Report network operation status based on project management and priority information
- Supervise and manage Network Support team and build the team where needed
- The Director of Network Engineering will possess a Bachelor’s degree in network administration, information technology, or computer science. Must have 10+ years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Previous experience in IT, ISP, or network administrator positions, 5-10 years preferred
- Experience with LANs and WANs
- Understanding of BGP Routing and similar protocols
- Increase job knowledge through continuing education and professional development opportunities, attend conferences, and read professional industry publications
- Open to being on call outside of regular working hours as well as occasional nights and weekends in the office
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Have high attention to detail
- Be a confident communicator
- Work well independently and in team settings
- Additional duties as assigned
ManagedWay is a premier service provider for Dedicated Internet, Cloud Hosting, and Colocation Facilities to businesses, schools, and municipalities across the United States, Canada, and Europe. Our mission is to provide superior communication services through innovative technologies that: Partners will select for their clients, Clients will want to recommend to others, and Employees are proud to be a part of.
We are rapidly growing and actively seeking great people to add to our talented, motivated, and passionate team. Our culture embraces both teamwork and individual growth. We encourage self-improvement, advancement, and training. Apply today if you are interested in joining the team at ManagedWay and gaining a whole new experience!
ManagedWay is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or any other legally protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.